Monday, July 11, 2011

Will I need a passport? Heading to foregin territory today.

As I prepared last night for a day at Temptation Zone B, I did my ususal - laid out the kids' clothes and shoes. Laid out my clothes. Packed the diaper bag for the youngest child. Got coffee ready to start in the morning. Packed a lunch, breakfast and even a healthy snack. (This is an improvement! Usually it's raiding the change jar in the kitchen so I can make sure I have vending machine money.) But as I prepared for my day, I packed something else - something unusual. Something I haven't touched in a long time. Something that seemed unfamiliar on my shoulder.

My gym bag.

I might have mentioned before my mainly sedentary life. The gym is unchartered territory for me. Yes, I have a membership. My visits, however, are inconsistent. But I'm determined to change it, to change something at least. Frustrated with the lack of downward numbers on the scale, I'm anxious to push myself harder to get the results I want.

I've been lazy lately. I've been tired. I've enjoyed lunch breaks going shopping, simply working, or, better yet, reading a book while eating chips and then catching a quick power nap in my car. So today's journey is going to be unfamiliar. And difficult. I can't say I enjoy excerise. But I can say I want to. Even more, I want to enjoy the results that come with exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment